Important information: Marriages between the same sex persons Now spouses (the USA citizens or residents) that have the same sex and kids have all the rights as opposite sex persons who are married. They are also eligible getting family-based visas and immigrate to the USA. These visas are given on I-140 or I-130 petitions previously approved. Check FAQ sections to get more facts about it.